An insightful look at the importance of finding a great mortgage lender. Author, Kevin Lisota discusses the reasons he and his team see on a regular basis for delayed closings – almost all relating to the mortgage process. He advises you to choose an officer who focuses on purchase loans, select a lender who is local and listen to recommendations from your real estate agent.
From the source: As real estate agents, we get to see lots of lots of real estate transactions. There are smooth, surprise-free deals, but there are also pain-in-the-butt, super-stressful ones. If a real estate transaction is going to go haywire for a home buyer, 9 out of 10 times it is because they made a poor choice of mortgage lender. Here’s our advice on how to find a great mortgage lender.
- Home purchase delays are almost always mortgage-related
- The best loan officers know what their underwriters want to see without asking
- The best loan officers primarily do purchase loans, not refinances
- The best loan officers are local
- Listen to recommendations from your real estate agent
- You sometimes get what you pay for