I’m so happy list articles are all the rage. Boy, are they helpful! Here’s a great list of 10 more questions to ask before buying a house. Quickly, here they are:
- Are there sex offenders in the neighborhood?
- Is there radon in the house?
- What’s the slope and length of the driveway?
- How do the schools rank nearby?
- Are the gutters in good condition?
- Who is doing your home inspection?
- How much noise is in the neighborhood?
- Have there been any new renovations lately?
- What would your commute to work be like?
- How old are the appliances?
Regarding #3 about the slope of the driveway. Also, make note of how easy it is to pull out of the driveway. Is it a hidden drive? Can you easily see cars coming from both directions? We lived in a home with a hidden drive for years, and pulling out each time was super stressful. While perhaps not a deal-breaker on an otherwise perfect home, this is definitely something to consider.
Back to the list. Take a look at each question in more detail on ThriftDiving.com.
*Wondering why we labelled these as “more” questions to ask? This is a followup to Serena’s previous posts: 10 Questions You MUST Ask BEFORE You Buy a Home. Check that one out, too!