Ask your home inspector these nine questions compiled by David Marine at Coldwell Banker – not only for solid answers about the inspection process but insight into your inspector’s qualifications and experience.
Before you make your final buying or selling decision, you should have the home inspected by a professional. An inspection can alert you to potential problems with a property and allow you to make an informed decision. Ask these questions to prospective home inspectors:
- Will your inspection meet recognized standards?
- Do you belong to a professional home inspector association?
- How experienced are you?
- How do you keep your expertise up to date?
- Do you focus on residential inspection?
- How long will the inspection take?
- What’s the cost?
- What type of inspection report do you provide?
- Will I be able to attend the inspection?